In a recent study of the Book of John, I realised something that has given me a paradigm shift of some sort. I realised that there were 2 sets of disciples: those who He called and those who went after Him! I also realised that amongst those who received miracles and blessings, these two categories are clearly established. Then I started to ponder "shall I sit pretty and wait for Him to call my name or should I earnestly pursue Him?"
The interesting thing about sitting and waiting pretty is that it doesn't guarantee an answer or even the Father's attention! Those who went after Him got what they wanted-always! Even if you don't get what you're after, you have this guarantee: you're not stuck in the same place! You're moving towards Him discovering more and more about Him. So I have made a decision not to wait for my name to be called, but instead to pursue Him, so that when I meet with Him and He calls my name, I'll be ready.
Imagine waiting for someone you don't quite know and doing nothing while you wait. You're not learning about the person or trying to prepare yourself. When the person comes, it is most likely that you won't be ready! But if you're eagerly on the lookout, it is most likely that once you spot Him, you will know that He is The One whom your heart has earnestly desired and sought after. Why? Because you've gathered what you can about Him!
Are you waiting on God to come and meet you where you are or are you going all out, not minding whether you meet Him or He meets you? Are you after the Encounter or the just the effects that surround it? I have decided to seek God and earnestly too (Psalm 63:1-8). What about you?
SELAH!
Be blessed,
Lola.
No comments:
Post a Comment